Creating Extendable Content Objects Served via API
In this blog I will show you how to create an extendable content object in 4 Steps using the Cosmic Content Management Platform. Once my object is created, it is available via API endpoint. The following 4 steps are an easy way to create new extendable objects for your web-connected application, so I would encourage you to Sign Up for Cosmic and begin the demo. If you're just starting out with Cosmic, I'd recommend reviewing the Getting Started and Documentation Pages. I'll be using the Cosmic CMS Web Application as I walk through the 4 steps.
Once you've signed up, you will be prompted to Create a New Bucket, which you can think of as your project: your new website, your new iOS application or your new Android application. I created my bucket and created an Object Type called "Page". Below you can see how I created a page of content that can be delivered via API to any web-connected device.
1.1 Adding an Object - Object Title
1.2 Adding an Object - Auto-Generated Slug
2. Adding an Object's Content
3. Adding Metafields To Your Object
4. Saving Object Draft | Publishing Object
Cosmic is an API-first cloud-based content management platform that makes it easy to manage applications and content. If you have questions about the Cosmic API, please reach out to the founders on Twitter or Slack.
- Build a Static Website in 4 Steps
- How to Build an API-Powered, Static Website
- Version Iteration - Portable JSON Buckets
- Developer Spotlight: Jon Bloomer
- Sharing Resources With a Content Management API
- How to Build a Cross-Platform Blog Using React Native and Node.js
- How to Create an Intuitive Website Navigation Menu
Building React Components from headless CMS markdown
August 24, 2022
Search and filter products using React Hooks and a headless CMS
August 05, 2022